CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 1, 2008

Props for my Love...

Even after being together for over eight years Ben can still surprise me. Friday the 18th of April we headed out to dinner at Macayo's.
I ordered the Fajita Quesadilla
Tender steak or chicken fajitas, folded in a grilled flour tortilla with green chiles, onions and cheese. Served with rice, refried beans, sour cream and guacamole. Yum!
I was looking at the menu after picking that item and wondering whether it was enough food for me...(I was hungry) when Ben says " Well if it doesn't fill you up we can always order room service."
I look up to see him sliding a hotel key across the table to me.
After my shock and amazement he let me know that Jed would watch the kids, my mom would pick up Triston for his early morning baseball game and I didn't have to worry about anything more.
I love this man so much! He knew I had a week of spring break coming up with the kids and decided I could use a relaxing evening with just the two of us.
We stayed the next city over in a very comfortable hotel room, top floor corner suite! It was the nicest room I have ever stayed in.


We sat in the spa that night, I haven't been in a spa since we moved from our apartment complex in Simi. That has been 3 and a half years!

An example of our room!

We had a great time and even though it was just a one night slumber party, I came home a happier more relaxed me...
Thank you Ben for being a thoughtful husband. I love you!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so JEALOUS!!! What fun for you guys! And you seriously haven't been in a spa since you moved?!?!

Klare said...

That is so cool!!
I won't talk about the last time I was in a pool or spa. Okay, so it has been over 4 years.

Pam said...

What a sweetheart! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Camille said...

How sweet of him!! I'm so glad you got some time away!! We Mommy's need things like that!!
Nice room too!!!

McB's said...

WOW, that's so nice of Ben. Can he give Danny some "love hints"?? And hello...you could have used our spa when you come over or is ours not nice enough?

Lulu said...

I am truly green with envy. When you said we both had a weekend away you were right, but yours included a husband! Sounds like you are all unwound and ready for a house full of my children tonight!!

Ashley said...

Nice! Always a nice treat to be surprised like that.

Unknown said...

You lucky, lucky girl.