CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 28, 2008

Great Way to Raise Money!

On May 16th our ward had a movie night and silent auction (which turned out to be loud at the end) to benefit the boy scouts and help them pay for Camp. Members donated things for auction and they made over $800 dollars!
We all brought our blankets to spread out over the gym floor and watched CARS. I went to check out the auction stuff and was surprised to see my kids all sitting and watching as if they had never seen the movie. (I can't count how many times they have seen it!) They had bags of popcorns and nachos and had set up a "screen" on the stage with chairs and sheets. Very cool!
For some reason Liam found watching the people more entertaining.
I bid on this quilt and won. It was too cute to pass up. Plus I can totally act like I know how to quilt now. *laugh*
I made this for the auction... any guesses as to how much it got?
A lady in our ward did these... they are amazing! I told her I want lessons! Either that or I am going to have to hire her for the kids birthdays!

7 comments:

Camille said...

Love the quilt!!! Your cake you made is adorable!!! I'm guessing it went for ummmm.....$40.

Davianne said...

Your cake is super cute! You don't need lessons, you're already a great cake decorator! My guess is $39.95! ;D

Lulu said...

I think that whole idea of a movie night is fantastic!! The auction is just cake! How much did your lovely flowers go for? (VERY cute idea by the way)

Michelle said...

Cute quilt! And I remember you made that same cake for Abbey's 6th birthday, didn't ya? It is way cute! I am guessing it went for $35.oo

Kati said...

I love the flower cake, so cute - it gives me a great idea for this event, I might have to steal it.

Me said...

Well it should have gone for that high but it was on the end of the table and by the time we got to it a lot of people went home so sadly it went home for $9. But that is a lot of money to the 8 year old who won it with her own stash of cash. I knew the pink would appeal to the girls.

Michelle- Yep that is the only other time I have made this cake. I usually give the kids their pick of a cake to make and surprisingly none ever want that one! So I used this as an opportunity to make it again!

Klare said...

Wow, that is way cute, Esther! I had never seen that before. I bet that little girl that bought it loved it! ;)