CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 21, 2008

Mothers Day Tea

So Anja's classroom celebrated a late mothers day last Friday the 16th. We came for a mothers day tea. The kids ushered us in to waiting tables with pink tablecloths and vases with various flowers in them. The plates were already on the table with fruit salad, a muffin and a scone. The kids made everything themselves. And we happy moms ate it after being assured that they washed their hands before preparing and if any of them had runny noses they were not invited to participate!The poured our glasses of lemonade or tea.Then they all got up and recited a poem they had memorized.
Maybe you have heard this one before...

Sometimes I might upset you, just because I 'm small
By leaving fingerprints of mine on a table, chair, or wall.
But every day I grow a bit and I'll be big one day
when all my tiny fingerprints have long been cleaned away.
So keep these prints of my two hands to help you to recall
just how big my fingers were, that time when I was small.
Yep it made me cry...

At the end we got to each take a flower home (which turned out to be a flower pen that the kids had made earlier in the week). I love being a mom but this is just the icing....

5 comments:

Camille said...

That is so sweet!!!

Davianne said...

So Cute and fun! I love fun Mother's Day stuff!

Lulu said...

I love it. What an inspired teacher she has! And I love that pic of you two- same smile!

Pam said...

It is great being a mother, huh? She is looking so grown up and she looks so much like you!

Klare said...

Awww...I love it!!!