CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 3, 2008

Yuck

Can I just say yuck! Why is this back in?

The jelly sandal is back -- and this time it's not just the floppy rubber shoe in the bins at the 99 cents store. Luxury brands such as Givenchy, Gucci, Marc Jacobs and Fendi are all making jelly shoes for spring that cost vastly less than anything else they make -- and yet, so much more than the jellies you ran around in through the 80s.

Some of the top-dollar styles -- such as the $165 Mod peep toe sandal from Givenchy (LINK) -- have great thick straps, which add an architectural element (a big trend in spring shoes). And the shiny rubber makes them look sleeker than your average jelly.

5 comments:

Lulu said...

Yes ew. It even took me a bit to get used to all the flatness with the shoes these days. But I have come to love them for the comfyness. I am not sure I will jump on the jelly wagon though. I wasn't a huge fan in the even in the 80's! Great post!

redstarmama said...

What, you mean you don't like having to peel your shoes off your feet after walking around in the blazing AZ sun?! Come on, Esther, it's all in the name of fashion! (Whose idea of fashion, I don't know. I wouldn't even buy these for Greer. And they're actually cute when they're small.) ;)

Camille said...

Double Ew!!! I never like them when I was little!! The always hurt my feet and made them yucky and sweaty!!! besides, they are ugly!!!

Ashley said...

Sweaty and smelly. That is all I need to say.

Michelle said...

Triple ditto! I hated them as a kid and still hate them as an adult. Though, I do have to agree with redstarmama, they are kinda cute in the smallish size's.