CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 3, 2008

Visits with Elisabeth

I really have to be better about posting in a timely manner...oh well.... Elisabeth (Ben's sister) came to visit us in March for five days. The kids loved spending time with their aunt! We got to show her our AZ world. We even went to the Easter Pagent here at the Mesa Temple, it was amazing! One of the days Jed had work off so we took off to the White Tank Mountains for some hiking. She came at the best time of year because all the wildflowers are blooming right now and the desert is the prettiest it can be. We went on a hike called the Waterfall trail.

There was a ton of these yellow wildflowers but there were others out there as well. My favorite were these purple ones that for some reason I didn't get a picture of them. Too busy looking at them in person I guess!
At the end of the hike there is actually shade! Because it ends where two mountains meet.
Taking a rest and looking guilty. I wonder what she was up to?
Here is the end and the little pond that has formed from all the recent rains. The waterfall is actually on the right hand side of the picture. The boys in the picture were climbing those rocks to get to it. Usually the pond isn't there and there is only a little waterfall. This year was a wetter one so the reward at the end of the hike is greater!
On the way down the mountain. Uncle Jed thought he would scare me and take a picture of him and Nika up on a boulder. Smart girl... she held on tight!
Almost to the car. A nice little shady area to rest. I figured I should get a picture too just to make sure you all know I was there...


The end! Thanks for coming to visit Elisabeth! We love you!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

What fun! I love that pic of Liam in the shade, cute lil' man!!!

Klare said...

Looks like fun. I love everything that is blooming on our hills here too. There is more than I ever remember seeing before too, which it weird.

Jamie and Tessa Gissel said...

Wow! It is so good to see your family. So cute.

Camille said...

How fun!! The rock formation on near the Water fall is amazing!!! How beautiful!!! And, the weather was so nice!! (I only say this 'cuz we were in Az the same week!!!)

Lulu said...

See? Who said AZ wasn't beautiful? I love it.

Davianne said...

Well, look! You guys do get flowers! ;D Fun hike.