CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 15, 2008

New things since Easter

1. I have been introduced to Rock Band and can say that I like being the drummer the best.
2. I also got to play Guitar Hero and let me tell you, for someone who doesn't like video games I actually enjoyed these two games!

3. I celebrated my 28th Birthday. Enjoying a quiet day and a fun evening of dinner at The Yardhouse in Glendale AZ. We have this new shopping/dining area just north of the cardinals stadium and coyotes stadium.
The Yardhouse is there and it has some great food. I had the Porcini Crusted Halibut - which is porcini cream sauce and white truffle oil with asparagus and bok choy over Parmesan mashed potatoes. Yum!
We had to dress up, how often is it your birthday!?
You know I miss working somewhere on my birthday and having flowers delivered and seeing all my coworkers stare... but the next best thing is having flowers delivered when your neighbors are out watching! Ben works for an amazing company called Beneficial Financial Group. This was from his bosses! They always out do themselves! The kids all get birthday cards and gift certificates to ice cream or Mcdonalds on their birthdays, and Ben got $50 to Amazon! I love this company!
4. Triston had opening day ceremonies for little league on the 5th of April.
He is on his first team and they are the Diamondbacks! They had the mayor there and the police and fire department. Also city counsel members and the kids got to high five them all! They were playing patriotic music and did the whole national anthem and pledge of allegiance and it really got my heart swelling with patriotic pride. I actually found myself thinking "Wow this really is America's favorite pastime!"
Nika was having fun walking Rosie around a bit. They played their first game on the 12th and their team won 7-6. Triston was up to bat his first time ever with the bases loaded!
I would love to say he hit a home run but it wouldn't be true! However he did hit a single and eventually scored in a run himself. I never thought I would say this but I am actually enjoying watching him play!
I had resisted little league sign ups mostly because I didn't like the sport but after living here a few years and going to quite a few major league games and now watching Triston play it is actually pretty fun! I don't have any shots from his first game because I had to have him at the field by 7:30am and my sleep addled brain forgot the camera. But we have several months to go so I promise to post some action shots soon!
5. Anja has been busy with girl scouts and had a slumber party/luau at her leaders house. It was only till 10pm but that is pretty exciting when your 5! She got to wear her Pj's and when she got there the leaders daughters came running out to say Aloha and to wrap one of these around her neck. They got flip flops and got to decorate them and they got some colored sand and grass skirts. She was a happy girl when she got home.
The evening was such a success that another girl in her troop that lives four house down decided for her birthday to have a PJ party. Anja was excited that she was able to "walk" to her party. They had a fun pampering session and came home with a cute denim skirt/purse they had decorated with glitter glue, some chapstick, nail polish, a new travel brush/mirror It totally reminded me of my youth because we had these same push out brushes. Way to go 80's!
6. Nika has been up to her usual self. Saying funny things, making funny faces, and being a mischief maker. The other day in the car she says to Ben. "Daddy Jesus is up in the sky with Heavenly Father." He replies, "Yes." Then she says, "I want to get out of my seat, get a balloon and fly to them." This gave us quite a laugh. But also made me thankful for yet another example why I love my sweet children and their righteous desires.
7. Liam is getting to be a funny little boy. He makes faces just like Nika and likes to push buttons, literally! He turns off the TV all the time and then turns to see what we are going to do, all with a look of delight on his face! He just makes me laugh all the time and I love giving him kisses and hugs. Lately he has taken to grabbing my hand and directing me where he would like me to go. Something about holding that little hand and allowing him to govern my movements just melts my heart.
Here is a picture we took of him after eating Spaghetti! He is thrilled to be such a mess!

11 comments:

Davianne said...

Happy late Birthday again!! You are so cute in those pictures! And the one with Nika and Rosie is so funny, I love it! I love all the little stories and things about the kids. I really miss you guys!

redstarmama said...

Um, you're a babe! There is no way anyone seeing those photos of you would ever think you have delivered, let alone care for on a daily basis, four children, a horse (ok, a dog) and Ben. Happy Birthday!

Pam said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You look wonderful! Love the pictures! And by the way is that huge dog, walking your daughter, yours? He is gigantic!

Ben said...

You look a little like your cousin in those pictures.

Camille said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was a nice day! I love hearing about your family! Sure miss you guys! Triston is so cute in his baseball outfit!! I love the pic of Nika walking Rosie!! So funny!!! And little messy Liam, so cute!!!

Ashley said...

Love guitar hero. I play rock band, but was no good since you had to strum your guitar the opposite way. I tried signing and whoa, that was bad. It was fun though

Andersons said...

Holy cow, you guys have been busy!! When you write it all down, don't you realize how blessed your life is? :-)

Klare said...

What a fun birthday!! And I absolutely love the comment that Nika made about Jesus and Heavenly Father!!!

McB's said...

K, mommy, I'm not taking any pictures off of you, you make me laugh!! ROCK ON

Michelle said...

LOVE Quitar Hero! Played it at my friends house and had a BLAST! And what is this gaining 12 pounds business?!?! You look HOT and GREAT girl! Triston is so stinkin' cute in his uniform. Love it! And Nika walking Rosie, great pic! And I just want to kiss Liam in all his messy face glory. The lil' cutie!

Rae said...

I love Rock Band too! I got it for my 28th b-day in January. I don't know if you remember me, but I saw your link on McBurney's site and wanted to stop in and see how you guys were doing. Check us out sometime http://thekochfam-raeanne.blogspot.com/

-RaeAnne Koch