CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

July 13, 2008

4th of July...

So we had a quiet 4th of July. I did some more face painting...
Gotta love the deer caught in the headlights look for both Anja and Triston

Even did some self work...
We were going to go to a neighboring city to see some more fireworks but a monsoon storm swept in and the city ended up sending 9,000 people home and canceling the fireworks. The winds were pretty strong and their event tents were collapsing on people and I think there is some rule that if lightning strikes are occurring less then 5 miles away they have to cancel. We hadn't actually parked yet so at least we didn't go through all the hassle of walking to the park and then being turned back. We ended up going to a different park and watching the storm in the distance and all the cool lightning. One of the good things about these storms is that they lower the temperature enough to make playing on the playground more feasible. AZ playgrounds are like ghost towns in the summer months (at least when the sun is out)
We had packed this big picnic dinner so we ended up going home spreading out the blanket in the living room and watching the fireworks on TV. The kids were not disappointed since we had seen some live ones the night before. Plus I had bought lunchables and I never do that, so they were happy munching away.
The biggest show out here is in Tempe on this man made lake that is huge. The newscasters were saying that lightning got within 6 miles and they almost had to cancel but that is as close as it got so we got to watch that one on TV, and we also checked PBS cause they always have the show from Washington DC. Anyhow it was a nice 4th of July, I am so thankful to be raising my family in the United States. As bleak as the economic future looks it is still amazing to live here. The list of why would be too long to post here, but as a Mom I know I am thankful for the opportunities that are available for my children and the safer surroundings they are in. My heart aches for those women around the world that live every day fearful for their children's lives and well being. God bless the USA!

3 comments:

Davianne said...

Two days of fun!! Love the face painting! I think I might do that next year, I know my kids would love it!

Klare said...

You talented girl! What fun! Where did you get the face paint? Kali would love to do that.

Michelle said...

Awesome job on the face paint! We should hangout next 4th and you could paint veryones cheekys!