CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 18, 2008

Valentines Bah Humbug

Ok So I am not the worlds most enthusiastic woman when it comes to Valentines Day. I don't celebrate it and I thought that was OK. Well now I have children and I realize that while I might find the holiday to be a huge commercial ploy to guilt us into spending tons of cash on items that will last less then a week, my children are excited about it. So being the good mommy that I am I have given in and will at least pretend to like the holiday for them. Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem celebrating love in general I just think it is totally unromantic to get something for your loved one on this day. Any other day and the gesture would be amazing, on Valentine's it just comes across as pressured and unoriginal. Anyhow so I decided to make some home made cards for the kids classmates this year. I had seen this really cute craft in a magazine and thought I would go for it. Well it was a bit more time consuming then I thought but this was the final product.

I wrote "You Color my World" or "My heat melts for you!" Or my favorite "Be Mine, For Crayon out loud!"
The kids loved it and it was nice to give their classmates something other than candy.

4 comments:

Davianne said...

So cute! I didn't know how crazy schools, even Natalia's little preschool, gets for V-day. I just helped her make some little cards and thought it was good. Then she comes home with all this candy and little toys! I had no idea that's what they do now! It's was a little crazy how much stuff she got! I love the non-candy idea.

Camille said...

That is so cute!! I also helped Hannah make homemade cards this year, I'll have to post them. They turned out really cute!! Hannah's school doesn't allow a "Valentine's party". All the have is a "Card Exchange". Weird, I think!

Ashley said...

Even though it might not be candy it looks tasty. I bet at least one kid tried to eat it.

Michelle said...

Those are so flippin' cute! We just may have to make them next year.