CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

June 1, 2008

Triston new Career

So I realized that I don't have a whole lot of pictures of Triston playing baseball. This could be that as a family we all come watch the games and there isn't a whole lot of opportunities to take pictures while wrestling with children who think the bleachers is a new type of metal jungle gym. Or maybe because I only have one small lens that just doesn't zoom in as far as I would prefer. Whatever the reason. I finally took some pictures of Triston's game on May 21st so I thought I would share.
His coach usually has the kids switch positions to try different things out but she thought that he did awesome at Catcher (he is one of a few kids on his team that can throw accurately and far enough to get it back to the pitcher in order to keep the game moving along) so for four or five games now he has been catcher. This also helps keep his attention in the game (when he was in the outfield he would get really bored.)
Anyhow so here he is as catcher.

I was excited to bring my camera this time around for one other reason. After each game the coach gives out a game ball to the player who had the best play. Not neccesarily a hit but maybe an out or something good like that. Well Triston got his first game ball. She said it was because he did such a great job as Catcher and helped with so many plays and just for an all around good job. It was neat! We have a lot of fun at the games and I have been surprised at how much this sport has grown on me. The season will be up in a few games so I need to remember to get some shots of him swinging. I'll post them in the future...
For now here is a cute shot of Nika being bored and hot at her brothers game

4 comments:

Davianne said...

Look at that long braid down pretty little Nika's back! Her hair is so long!
Good job Triston! Between you and Ben it's no surprise he's so good at sports.

Camille said...

I noticed the braid too!!! She looks like Rapunzel, calling for her Prince!!!

Klare said...

You are an awesome mom to get your kids involved in stuff. I'm a slacker. Yay for Triston! And I will never get over Nika's eyes. Beautiful.

Lulu said...

Jayce started Tball this year and even I was bored when he was in the outfield. He loved being catcher as well, your right, you have to pay attention a bit more often!!