CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 28, 2007

Call me Coach or Moon Goddess...

I got a call last Thursday that Triston's new soccer season was starting but his team had no coach. I was apparently the only parent to fill out a volunteer form (never mind it was just for team mom) and would I consider coaching the team. Well I thought about it and decided to do my part. Now I am the coach of 6, 6-7 year old boys. I am busy contacting my HOA board to get approval to hold practices in our community park. Our first game is Saturday Sep. 8th. Wish us luck! The season lasts until December, lets hope I can survive! (-=
On another note I signed Anja up for Ballet class. I am going to take her shopping for a little outfit soon. Her first class is also the 8th.
Both Triston and Anja are in a after school chess club that meets every Monday right after school. I don't know if Anja really cares one way or the other, but Triston really likes it. Every time I pick him up, after it, he tells me that chess club was the best part of his day (besides recess). At least with both of them in it they can play each other at home.
I got up at 3am this morning to take pictures of the lunar eclipse. Am I the only nut that got up to see it. I heard it described as seeing all the worlds sunrises at one time. Well it didn't live up to that hype but it was still pretty cool to see the moon all dusky red/orange. Of course if you see the full moon when it is rising through the smog of LA or Phoenix or probably any major city for that matter then you pretty much have seen the same thing! My pictures weren't all that great either since I don't have any telephoto lenses but I still enjoyed myself.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Alright. I have officially decided you are crazy. ;)
Coaching soccer and getting up to see the Lunar eclipse??? You one crazy woman!!!
I am LOVING all the pic's though. Are you not having so much fun with your new camera?!?!
Also, Nathanael has that same shirt Triston has. The white one with black sleeves and yellow number. Too funny!

Me said...

Yeah I noticed that they both had the same shirt...how funny. Good taste!
And yes I am a camera lady again... the kids are hams thankfully and have virtually no problem with my shutterbug obsession!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm impressed that you are coaching soccer and that you'd wake up at 3am to see an eclipse. I hope Ben appreciates you!

Klare said...

The girls took a chess class last year after school. Kali loved it. It took some time for Eve to like it. They love playing chess together now though, which is nice. I have no idea how to play so they have to depend on each other. LOL