CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 9, 2008

More thoughts....

1. I have been without my washing machine for I think a week and a half now...maybe longer... I have concluded that rather than complain about the obvious inconvenience this causes our family I would blog about the positive side of things. When going to a Laundromat I can get all my laundry dried and folded in an hour an a half and my house is still cool when I get home. Usually laundry takes all day and then I look at the pile of clothes waiting to be folded and manage to find every reason in the world not to get to it right away...not to mention the ironing... don't even ask my husband how long that takes me.. so while I miss my washing machine and the ease I had before, I am excited to get through this chore in record setting fashion. (The parts are ordered and soon I hope to feel my home heat up with the laundry being done)

2. We live near a dairy and while some days this brings a peculiar country smell to the air most times I don't think twice about it. I happened to be driving by said dairy on my way to before mentioned Laundromat when I noticed a large truck pulling out of the dairy. It had the wooden slats on the bed to hold in its cargo... I think normally it would have had hay in it.. and would have looked like this truck
Now I have to mention that I am a bit near sighted and couldn't really tell what I was looking at until the truck was almost passed me. It turns out the truck was filled with large bloated cow bodies... I have to say my reaction was shock and laughter... All I could think as they headed east was they had better not be taking them to the local meat packing plant down the road...gross...and second why in the world didn't they tarp the silly things! I mean anyone driving by would have this horrible view... I told Ben about it later and all he could say was he hoped that truck didn't get into an accident...could you imagine the bloated things exploding on some poor schmucks car?! Yes I realize this is a gross conversation just consider yourself lucky that you didn't have to see it in person...

3. I dislike bugs... I am not afraid of them but I certainly don't like them. For some reason they are always near me... now I know logically that there are a lot of bugs in this world but do they always have to land, bite, dangle, or fly at me?!!!
Ben thinks it is funny at this point...
yesterday I went to walk out my bedroom when I noticed a spider right in front of my eyes... It would have landed right on my nose if I hadn't seen it! Then the other night I went to go get in bed lifted up my sheets and found a spider square in the middle of where I would be laying... thank goodness the light was on... nasty!
We took the kids to ride their bikes and in 20 minutes I had killed three mosquito's on my leg but apparently at least 4 managed to bite me... I mean what the heck! The kids who were playing on the wet grass didn't get one bite... Finally Ben and I went shopping at Kohls... I was waiting for him to try something on and sat down in a chair... no where near an outside door mind you and what jumps on my foot but a dang nasty cricket... By now I should just expect it but I am starting to get mad... I think some one's having a laugh by now...
I probably shouldn't even mention this one but last month when I visited my dearest friend for the weekend. I had not been there for even two hours and I was given a drink with a fly in it.... yep right under all my pretty ice was a fat black fly... gross.... it was at a restaurant not my friends house so don't blame her... anyhow I am tired of bugs... do we really need them in this world? ....yeah I know the answer to that.... still...

6 comments:

McB's said...

Oh my gosh, it's so gross that we live in parts of AZ that have taken over the cows territory! That is just nasty...bloated cows! And I was laughing out loud at your bug adventures...that really sucks! I would not be calm if I walked into a spider or saw one in the middle of my bed, seriously, I probably would have cried and peed all at the same time cuz I would have been so frightened!

redstarmama said...

As I sit here in my ant-infested house, trying not to think of the mountain range of laundry that is taking over my bedroom, I am both sympathetic and envious. Envious of the lightning fast laundry process and totally sympathetic of the bug-disgust. Since we moved, I have found several types of bugs I have never seen before. Eeeugh. Yuck! At least we don't have banana slugs on our property. Or dead bloated cows. Even bigger yuck!

Camille said...

Ohmygosh!!! That is sooo gross about the cows!!! They so should've bagged them!! Nasty!!!
I feel bad about the bug situation, but at the same time, it is very funny!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! Though, a fly in your water, from a restaurant, now THAT is just down right wrong!!! I hope you complained!!
And so sorry about the washing machine! What a pain in the neck!!!

Lulu said...

ugh. The cow thing was gross enough- but a fly in your drink?? You must smell good for these bugs to come fom near and far to reach you...

Mechelle said...

poor thing, what a crazy life you are having. I have to honestly say I'm glad it was you and not me. I know that sounds rotten, but you seemed to have handled it all nicely. I hope your machine gets fixed soon, then maybe you can miss those bloated bovine sights.

Davianne said...

What interesting thoughts! Isn't life so fun?! ;D
I have the same bug problem. It drives me CRAZY!