CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 11, 2008

Down to one!

So Nika started Preschool at the same campus as Triston and Anja. She started August 26th. I thought it was neat that each preschooler was given a unique day to start. That way the teacher could be focused on them individually that day and help them get settled in. Here she is with her box for school (a change of clothes... they do alot of dish washing, watering plants, etc. so if they need to they have a change of clothes on hand)Nika didn't need any more lessons in independence but she is already showing me some changes at home. Ever the independent child, now she doesn't want my help in anything. While I am happy she is so sure of herself this leads to some arguments. But she is loving school and her teacher loves her go get em attitude. She told me she is just trying to guide that energy and determination (to put it nicely...dutch stubbornness if you ask me) into something that works for the class. I have been reassured that she is following the rules and playing nice with others....
Her first day I tried to get a snap of her in front of the sign that Triston and Anja had taken their picture at. She was so busy, I don't think I got one shot of her eyes towards the camera...

Eating breakfast with Anja! She has been wanting to do this ever since Triston started Kindergarten! So she is excited she finally can! We have to go with her and help since she isn't tall enough to see the food on the counter. But then that's what older siblings are for right?

She goes 5 days a week 8 to 12 and I was wondering how she would like it. But every day when I go to pick her up she is angry that she can't stay longer. Especially since Triston and Anja are not coming home with us! So I guess that means she likes it. Her favorite thing right now is when she gets to go outside and do work out in the garden. She loves the bunny's and the birds and finds every reason to go visit with them. I think she is an animal lover like myself.
All I know is I am down to one at home at least for a few hours and I am giddy with that realization!

4 comments:

redstarmama said...

I love that idea about the individual starting days. That's really cool.
I can't believe you're down to one at home, even if it is only part time. Wow. It must be so much calmer at your house in the morning. Enjoy!

Klare said...

She is so cute. I am glad she is liking school so much already. And happy that you get a little break! ;)

Michelle said...

You know she just cracks me up. As all your kids do.
And yay to having only one lil' one at home! Have any big plans for your time?

Davianne said...

Yeah for you and Nika! I hope her teacher can keep up with her as the year goes on.