CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 30, 2008

Fall means Football

No this is surprisingly not another homage to my favorite college football team...

And yes I know they lost yesterday...
ummm no this is an homage to my oldest child and first born son. This is the first year we had him play football. Usually fall means soccer, but Ben and I wanted to broaden his horizons. So flag football is what we settled on. Not as demanding or complicated as tackle football. Just enough to teach him the basic's.
So I signed him up to play in the 8-10 year old division even though he could have played in the younger division due to his late birthday. But we had friends on the team and thought that it is always nice to know someone on the team. Hindsight I am not sure I would have done that his first year playing. He is the smallest kid on the team and the youngest. But he likes football, especially practices since he gets to actually touch the football. Games are hard since there are a ton of kids on the team and he doesn't get himself open to receive the pass. But still it has been fun watching him play and then coming back home to watch the college games together. Two more games and it will be done... with a short break and then baseball! I am actually looking forward to baseball! So before the season is through I thought I would post a few pictures...
Game day #1Warming up... although it was in the high 90's I think... so really just getting tired not warm
Waiting in the shade for the game to start. That green thing is his mouthpiece!
Liam: 1 part sweat, 1 part water, and 2 parts cuteness!
Anja heading back to the shade after playing on the playground...that pink blip in the background is Nika
Kickoff!
I love this picture! Just my boys! Too bad that Triston turned his head otherwise you would see their cute ear resemblance!

3 comments:

Davianne said...

Cute kids! Dang it's hot there!!Hope it starts cooling down for you there.

Ashley said...

I live around USC fans and go and watch the games with them. Can we still be friends?

Me said...

I suppose... since I am married to one...