CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 10, 2008

Asthma

I am so tired of listening to my little girl cough like an old smoker lady. I am tired of getting up in the middle of the night to sit on the couch and give her a breathing treatment. I am tired of her sad little voice when it wakes me up to tell me she needs medicine. I am tired of having a three year old that knows when she needs medicine. I am tired of having to tell her she can't play with the other kids because she isn't breathing good already. I am tired of her pale face, dark circles under her eyes, and never gaining any weight. I am tired of how the lack of sleep, combined with the discomfort of struggling to breathe leave her in a foul little mood.
I love her so much and as a parent it is so hard to see your child suffering. But then I think about all the other parents in this world that have to sit back and watch their children suffer from even more deadly diseases, like cancer. I think about the parents with diabetic children that have to get up with their kids during the night to stick their finger to make sure they aren't slipping into a diabetic coma, I think about the parents that no longer have a child to take care of, or to wake up for.
Those are the thoughts that keep me thankful that my child only suffers from asthma.

7 comments:

Camille said...

Man, I'm sorry Esther!!! That's gotta be hard! My friend in the ward (and neighbor, she lives across the street), her two youngest both have asthma too. The 2nd to youngest child worse then the youngest. I don't know how she does it sometimes!! And you too, being the Primary Pres. and all!! Is the winter harder on the asthma then the other months? That's what I've heard. But, I could be wrong. Love you and miss you!!!

Michelle said...

Poor little thing! And poor you, too. That has got to be so hard on the both of you. I have heard that sometimes they can grow out of it? Does she seem to be getting better as she gets older? Either way, I will keep you and Nika in my prayers.
{{{HUGS}}}!!!

redstarmama said...

I am in the same boat with Declan. I totally feel both sides of your situation. Asthma sucks, and yet I would rather him have asthma than so many other things. Hopefully someday we can go on trips without having to bring a whole separate bag for all the asthma paraphernalia. Nika is in our prayers.

Davianne said...

Oh, I'm sorry for you both too! You poor girls. I sure hope things get better soon. Here is a big e-hug from me.

* *
* *
* *
* *
* *
**
**
* *
* *
* *
* *
* *

Love and miss you guys!!

Davianne said...

Dang it! all those little stars where in a big X but it won't post it that way. Well, sorry but your big hug got squashed.

Klare said...

So sorry!!! I really hope she grows out of it for both of you! Love ya!!!

Me said...

thanks guys! She is doing better. Now I am the one who is sick. I got strep again! Twice in two months! Totally bites!